luckybooru is a danbooru-style booru written in
Crystal with Lucky.
luckybooru is in the early design stage.
Goals and design
- Feature parity with danbooru
- Support for various types of media (images, audio, videos,
- Full support for running in a cluster with live
- All major features should work with no-JS/noscript
and text browsers
- Fast on the server-side and on the client-side (no Python
- High configurability (deployment, user roles, analytics,
danbooru-like premium account tiers)
- RESTful API with JSON output
We aim to support a variety of deployment options, including
- Application: Kubernetes° (hosted, private cluster), manual
Docker deployment, traditional server
- Database: PostgreSQL° (hosted or manual), CockroachDB
- File storage: S3 or S3-compatible object storage (e.g.
° preferred options
Database schema (WIP)
(click for full size)
Source code and
Contributions in the form of issues (bug reports or feature
requests) or pull requests on our repos are very welcome.
We also have an official development IRC channel: #luckybooru on irc.fuwafuwa.moe.
All repos are licensed under the University of Illinois/NCSA Open Source